Grilled Pork Chops and Zucchini Ribbons

 
 
 The summer gardening season is upon us, and if your garden is anything like my family's, then you are already up to your ears in zucchini and squash! Eating healthy is so much easier in the summer when you have fresh veggies coming in from the garden....if you know how to cook them in a healthy way. I won't lie, I couldn't say no to a few (or more) bites of fried squash for supper the other night, but too many cheat meals over the weekend have me desperate to get it back together. So, this meal idea was simple, delicious and a great way to use fresh zucchini in a way that doesn't involve covering it in flour and deep frying it :)
 
The protein of my meal came from thin cut, bone-in pork chops. These are such an easy go-to protein that I use for breakfast, lunch and dinner alike. Since they aren't super thick they cook quickly and are ready for me to eat with not much wasted prep/cooking time. All I did was trim off the fat and then sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and Pampered Chef Three Onion Rub. This is one of my absolute favorite seasonings for meat, and makes things so simple. No need to make up my own spice rub, Pampered Chef has already done it for me!
 
 

Place the seasoned chops into a heated Grill Pan sprayed with just a spritz of olive oil from the Kitchen Spritzer. Now, when I say heated, I mean realllll heated. I've found that it works a ton better if you let it get super warm. So just turn the eye on medium, put the dry pan on the heat and let it warm as you prep your meat.


Then, put a greased Grill Press down over the chops. The press squishes out all the fat and puts those yummy grill marks on the meat. It just makes them totally delicious, like you grilled them outside but without the whole playing with fire part (or the inability to get a fire to even light, which is my grilling problem).

As a side to my pork chops I made zucchini ribbons. It was so simple, so fresh, and so tasty! All I did was put my zucchini into the Spiral and Slice, and toss that into a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil, clove of garlic pushed through the Garlic Press, and some lemon zest grated with the Microplane Zester. Then just a squeeze of the lemon juice on top and you're done! Let it cook down a bit and then enjoy your amazingly healthy side dish!!






Finished pork chops!
 
iPhone photography for the win, again....Ugh. I disappoint myself

Comments

Popular Posts